Thursday, January 6, 2011

Daddy you're like an army....

"Daddy you're like an army" is not the kind of thing that I would have imagined my littlest daughter, who we have nicknamed "Punky" (she loves that old 80's show!) would have ever said to me.  At first I thought "yeah that's right, BigDaddy is tough and a bad@$$!"  but the more I got to think about it was that a good thought that she had?

I have a confession.  I am very protective of my girls and my wife.  Some would say a little over-protective...okay maybe a little more than over!  But who can blame me?  I love my wife and girls more than my own life and of course want to protect them from the things can hurt them.  Physically and mentally.  I want to be that rock that cannot be broken so they can always feel safe, is that a bad thing?

In actuality I guess maybe it can be a bad thing to be too overprotective.  For the first year of our oldest daughters life I swear my in-laws family must have thought I hated them.  I was watching our baby like hawk whenever she was not close by or was being held by someone else.  Then I learned to back off, until our youngest was born and we found out she had a life threatening peanut allergy (I will blog on that topic another day.)  Forgot a hawk, I was an eagle ready to shred someone of the got too close.  Hindsight being 20/20 I guess I made people feel uncomfortable around me when the girls were there....sorry about that folks!

But I digress...people often say they will take a bullet for their loved ones and in the case of the three girls in my house that is more than true.  I guess daddy really is an army; I will protect them, fight for them and defend them until God sees fit to take the last breath from my body.  But...I will learn to take it down a notch. Being an army for your loved ones is a good thing, but there is such a thing as covert ops right?  In the end as long as they know that daddy will always be there then that is all I can hope for.

Until next time my friends, take care!

BigDaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment