Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Quality time with my girls....

Yep.  I am a dad.  To daughters.  Two of them.  God help me.....

One of the things that I feel is the most important to me is that I have something special with my girls.  Right now they are young and still think that daddy is the greatest man on earth.  Why can't they keep the perspective for the rest of their lives?  I know that someday in the future there will be other boys that come around (God help the first one that comes to date my daughters...I am going to use that one as a warning to all the rest, don't mess with daddies girls!)  For right now I have something special with my girls, something that we do together...Tang Soo Do!

Tang Soo Do is a Korean martial art.  The girls and I have been practicing it now for almost two years together and let me tell you my friends, I have found few greater joys that being able to see my little angels practice, learn and achieve each new belt rank they have gotten.  They know that daddy is right there with them, learning, sweating, teaching and in some cases when I am the attack dummy, hurting (thanks Kyo Sa!) right along with them.  Our goal is of course to earn our black belts and I know how fulfilling it will be for me personally to earn mine, but to be able to see my girls earn theirs will be a feeling that I don't think I can put into words.

In this little story into my life I hope you the reader can find something that you can do with your kids that is just for you with them.  Martial arts for us is something that daddy does with them and mommy supports us 110%!  Good luck to you and I hope you too can find your thing that brings you closer together.

Until next time,

BigDaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment