Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Molly Maid?!

Let me tell you one thing, I hate the mess that comes with winter.  Love winter...get to go snowboarding, hot cocoa, body heat for warmth in bed ;-) but I hate the added mess that comes with it.  Many of you may recall from an earlier post that we have a rather large dog (and a smaller one too!) and two cats so there are chances that there will be some kind of pet hair all over the place until the vacuum is run.  Sometimes, and more often than not since all vacuums suck, there will still be pet hair.  Now add to that mess the large, wet, snow covered pawprints from the giant beast and you can imagine my floors.

Well suffice to say its been a couple of busy weeks (obviously since I haven't blogged) and since I am the stay at home dad, I haven't deep cleaned as well as I usually do.  Its not my fault, really...I have had school, and substitute taught and karate tournaments...you believe me right?  Anyway....

So today is my day off of school and usually I clean the house, laundry and all that jazz.  Now this morning my wife says to me before leaving, "baby can you Molly Maid this house today?"  My first thought was HELL YEAH I can hire a maid!  Wooot!!  Then it hit me, oh yeah I get to be the maid today.  I am the cleaning crew.  Not a big deal really, but it has come to my attention that since we are men who are staying at home we need another name for the housework besides Molly Maid.  Something tough, something manly....like CAVEMAN CLEANING!!!  Arr, arr, arr...urggh...ruffff!!  Yeah that's right I grunted like a bad Tim Allen re-rerun and I will do it again if I want to!  Molly Maid indeed....

I digress, whether its caveman of molly maid suffice to say the house needed it and I am happy to do it.  But I am not wearing the maids outfit ever again....well maybe the French maid but that is a whole different thing...LMAO!!!!!  Now there is an image for those who know me!

Take care until next time!

BigDaddy

No comments:

Post a Comment